Water Damage Restoration Steps
Steps for Water Damage Restoration
After reading this quick report you will know what water damage restoration requires, and how a professional water damage restoration company can help you.
Restoration work after water damages are important, because you have to consider all of the places that water has permeated.
The first step in detecting and solving water damage issues, is to call a professional. They can come out and tell you what has happened to your home, and the specific things that you need to fix to make sure that your home is back to it’s undamaged condition.
- Step 1: Identify the source of the Leak. This is the an important task to make sure that your water damage work is
- Step 2: Stop the Leak. The water shutoff valve is usually the best place to start
- Step 3: Figure out how extensive the water damage is. Follow water trail to the lowest part of the home
- Step 4: Remove the Water. Usually commercial vacuums and pumps are used
- Step 5: Dehumidify the Home. Again, commercial equipment using blowers and ventilators will help you remove the water from the home
- Step 6: Decide if you need mold remediation. This depends on how long the leak has been present
- Step 7: Remove Water-Damaged Materials. Proper removal is suggested
- Step 8: Rebuild the Water-Damaged Area. A qualified contractor can see what needs replaced
- Step 9: Inspection with Project Manager. The project manager will help answer any of your questions using years of experience helping restore water damaged homes
- Step 10: Warranty. Make sure that the company that you choose to rebuild your home stands behind their work
Water Damage Restoration is a straightforward approach. You need to stop the source of the water leak, then remove the water and moisture from your home, then you need to rebuild your home to make sure that you don’t have any residual water.
Call Water Damage Roofing of Lakeway for more information on how we can help you